Educational How To

MaxOPT Your Best Choice For OPT/ CPT Affiliation And Extension

MaxOPT Your Best Choice For OPT/ CPT Affiliation And Extension
MaxOPT Your Best Choice For OPT/ CPT Affiliation And Extension

OPT and CPT is a kind of experimental and employment program and it stands for Optional Practical Training and Curricular Practical Training.

OPT stands for Optional Practical Training, this allows F1 students to work on a full-time basis for one year after they have completed their studies, in a field related to their major. CPT stands for Curricular Practical Training and allows F1 Students to work for up to 20 hours a week in a field related to their major, while engaging in studies.

On the other hand, OPT can be an experiential learning profit awarded students to work in their major field of research. students can make an application for a year of OPT for each and every level of research (Bachelor’s, Master’s, PhD). Students Knowledge, Technology, Executive and Mathematics majors may obtain a 17-month expansion during Post-completion OPT, if indeed they qualify.

Perhaps one of the most commonly asked questions by international students is, am I eligible to work in America While Studying? Luckily for you, the answer is yes, but with some restrictions. International students are permitted to work off-campus after doing their first academics time through specific programs. Two of these programs are Optional Practical Training and Curricular Practical Training.

CPT is a kind of employment option that’s available to students where in fact the employment is essential parts of the curriculum or academics program and can count into the completion of the amount. CPT must never be utilized for the intended purpose of facilitating employment.

To become qualified to receive CPT, you must:

  • Be considered a degree-seeking student
  • Have already been enrolled full-time for at least one educational year
  • Have a valid passport

For OTP you have to understand that :

  • OPT is a 12 months’ work permit directed at students after doing graduate level program in America.
  • You must find employment within 3 months of that 12 months period after graduation, if not you will be out of status.
  • If your employer is signed up for the eVerify program, you can get right up to 29 months of OPT.
  • You must make an application for H-1B visa while in OPT.2
  • CPT
  • You  are an intern in F-1 Visa, you’ll need to get an internship
  • Your school then must concern a CPT (Curriculum Practical Training)
  • CPT is a work authorization that will help you to do internship.
  • CPT can be granted from 1 semester up to 364 Times (rules differ among colleges)
  • When you have 365 times of CPT, you might not exactly be capable of geting an OPT.
  • So an OPT and a CPT are similar in the manner they both gives you to work legitimately in the U.S.
  • You are going to desire a CPT or an intern before graduation, you’ll need to Choose to work after doing a degree.
  • In some instances, you’ll get a Pre-Completion OPT that will help you to work lawfully before graduation, in times when you have used the whole length of time of your CPT period.
  • U.S. universities allows international students to do internship only after doing at least 2 semesters (varies among institutions) or after concluding a certain variety of credits.

So what is the deferent between both

The major difference between OPT and CPT is the time period in which you are eligible for these programs and the type of work allowed in each program. OPT can be completed before or after graduation, while CPT must be completed before graduation. CPT employment is part of your major curriculum that allows students to work in a paid or unpaid internship, practicum, or cooperative (co-op) education program. CPT must be required by your major and if it not, you must receive course credit. Only certain employers participate in CPT. Alternately, OPT is not employer specific and allows work, not an internship or co-op, and you do not need to earn course credit.

How to Apply ?

At provides professional OPT/ CPT (H1B optional) affiliation and extension, also they provide an OPT90 day return on processing services and so on for overseas students in US. Not only that but they will help you by answering any related questions for free , on the other hand, they offer OPT extension and OPT employment service for the oversea graduation students in US. Don’t hesitate to contact them at


About the author



Add Comment

Click here to post a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *